Town of
Saratoga County, NY
 Town Clerk's Office 

Town Clerk's Office

  • Hours of Operation:

Wednesdays          9:00am to 2:30pm

Thursdays              3:00pm to 7:00pm

Fridays                   9:00am to 2:30pm

Saturdays               8:00am to 12:00pm



DOG LICENSES - New York State Law requires that all dogs must be licensed in the Town, City or Village where the dog is harbored at the age of 4 months.  For new dog licenses, a current rabies certificate and a spay/neuter certificate, if applicable, is required.  For a renewal, a rabies certificate, if required, must be presented.  (The rabies vaccination must be in effect for at least one full month after the issued date of the license.)  Fees for un-neutered or un-spayed dogs are $13.00; for neutered and spayed dogs, $5.00.  To renew dog licenses by mail, please enclose both parts of the renewal form sent to you, along with all necessary paperwork to the Town Clerk's Office.


MARRIAGE LICENSES - A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply for a marriage license in person to any Town or City Clerk in the State.  Each applicant must have proof of identification such as driver’s license, passport or birth certificate.  If either party has been previously married, you must bring the final divorce decree of all divorces and/or copy of death certificates, if applicable.  The marriage license must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony.  The license is valid for 60 Days.  The fee for a marriage license is $40.00

Age Requirements: 

  • Must be at least 18 years old

  • 16 & 17 year olds - Both parents will have to be present and sign a Consent Form

  •  14 & 15 year olds - Both parents will have to be present and sign a Consent Form.  A Court order is also required.


HANDICAPPED PARKING PERMIT - Applicants must be a resident of the Town of Providence.  The applicant and the applicant's physician must complete NYS Form MV664.1.  Applicant should also bring their driver's license or non-driver I.D.  Permits for Permanent Disability are issued for 5 years.  Upon expiration, return to the issuing clerk for a replacement tag.  A new MV664.1 form is not required.  Permits for Temporary Disability are issued for up to 6 months.  This permit can only be extended with a letter from the physician or submission of a new MV664.1 form.  There is no charge for Handicapped Parking Permits.


CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCY - In order to have Saratoga County pay for a portion of his or her community college tuition, a student must obtain a Certificate of Residence and submit it to the college.  You must apply for your certificate no later than the start of classes and no sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes.  A Certificate is valid for one year.


  1. Student must be a resident of the Town of Providence for at least one year.

  2.  Must bring a document dated at least one year ago, showing the name and current Town of Providence address

  3.  Must bring a document dated with the last 30 days, showing the name and current Town of Providence address

Examples of acceptable proof:

  • Driver's License, Car Registration and Insurance Cards

  •  Bank Statement

  •  Medical Records including prescriptions

  •  Paycheck stub

  • Income tax return with preprinted label or W2s

  •  Dated mail or postmarked envelopes

  • College acceptance letter

  • Utility/Phone bills

  • High School Report Cards, Interim reports, transcripts


RECORD MANAGEMENT – Custodian of all permanent Town records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive files and the maintenance of archival material.  Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) guaranteeing your “Right to Know”.


VITAL RECORDS (SEARCH OF MARRIAGE, BIRTH & DEATH RECORDS) - The Town of Providence Clerk's Office follows the guidelines as set forth by the New York State Health Department for all searches of birth, death or marriage records.  Applicants must complete a written application.  NO INFORMATION WILL BE FURNISHED OVER THE TELEPHONE.  Birth, Death and Marriage records are confidential and are not open for public inspection.  The Freedom of Information Law does not apply to Vital Records.  Searching of records must be conducted only by the Registrar and Deputy Registrar. 


CONSERVATION LICENSE - Applicants must bring drivers license for proof of residency, as well as a previous license or training certificate for proof of eligibility.  The conservation year runs from September 1st  to August 30th.  License sales for the upcoming year begin in Mid-August.


NOTARY SERVICE - The Town Clerk is a Notary Public.  Proof of identity must be provided.